- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups torn fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 7 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a small skillet, cook onions in oil until tender. Stir in spinach; cook and stir for 2 minutes longer. Cool and squeeze dry. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, dill and parsley. Stir in spinach mixture; set aside.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a lightly floured surface. Lightly brush with butter. Top with another sheet of phyllo dough; brush with butter. Repeat with remaining dough. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Place a 6-oz. custard cup upside down on dough. Cut around custard cup with a small pizza cutter.
- Place about 4 teaspoons of cheese mixture in the center of each circle. Bring edges of circle up and around cheese, forming a tart. Brush dough with butter.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and spinach mixture is hot. Yield: 6 tarts.
Originally published as Spanakopita Tarts in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p34
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Spanakopita Tarts(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review