- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- In a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add oregano and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add spinach; cook 3 minutes longer or until liquid is evaporated. Transfer to a large bowl; cool.
- Add feta cheese and eggs to spinach mixture; mix well. Unfold puff pastry. Spread each sheet with half the spinach mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style. Cut each into twelve 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Spanakopita Pinwheels
"OMG...so good!!! I have always loved spanakopita, but working with phyllo dough intimidated me! Puff pastry is so much easier. I made these for a get together recently, and everyone loved them. Will be making them for all of my holiday get together this year!!!"