Spanakopita Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 6 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in another large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add spinach; cover and boil for 3-5 minutes or until wilted. Drain and coarsely chop; keep warm.
- 3. Drain potatoes and return to the saucepan. Add milk, butter, salt and pepper; mash until smooth. Fold in cheese and spinach. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 145 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 379mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Spanakopita Mashed Potatoes
"I've been making this for 60 plus years and it is excellent. I normally use blue cheese rather than the feta. My sister in law brought it over from her home in Belgium. YUMMY I'll try it with feta for a change of pace."