Spaghetti with Sausage and Peppers Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 to 8 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, cook and stir sausage until lightly browned. Add peppers and onion; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in the tomatoes, garlic, pepper sauce, paprika, salt and cayenne; cook until vegetables are tender.
- Combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; add to sausage mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain spaghetti; toss with sausage mixture. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spaghetti with Sausage and Peppers
Sort By :
used recipe as a general guide and used hot sausages, it was excellent.
Very easy and tasty. I added fresh mushrooms,basil and home canned tomatoes.Low points on Weight Watchers.
I made this for my family of 5 and everyone loved it! The peppers and tomatoes gave it a light and fresh taste. Quick and economical, just what I was looking for!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Spaghetti Recipes >