Spaghetti with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the peppers, tomatoes, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- 2. Transfer to a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Drain spaghetti; serve with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
1/2 cup sauce with 1 cup spaghetti and 1 tablespoon cheese equals 504 calories, 24 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 588 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.