Spaghetti with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the peppers, tomatoes, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- 2. Transfer to a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Drain spaghetti; serve with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
1 each: 504 calories, 24g fat (4g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 588mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Spaghetti with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
"This recipe was very good! I fried up some wine & cheese sausages to accompany it and it was enjoyed!"
"This is a great recipe! The sauce is light and very tasty. I used fresh herbs from my garden, otherwise, I followed the directions exactly. This is on my "make often" list!"
"I made this for my mom and me and it as delicious. Something I would make again for more people, even for company!"
"my family enjoyed this recipe! will add it to the list to make again!"
"This was good, but the 1 tbsp. of vinegar was sort of overpowering, so I added some sugar to cut the tartness. I also wanted to reduce the fat so I only added a small amount of oil, which of course probably made it too tart with the tbsp. of vinegar. I will make again but cut the vinegar. It actually tasted great the next day. I also added some red pepper flakes. I also rated this at 4 stars but it would not take it."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.