This pasta recipe, sparked by jarred red peppers, is an excellent company dish. Guests won't believe how easy it is until they try making it—which they will! —Diane Lombardo, New Castle, Pennsylvania
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the peppers, tomatoes, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Transfer to a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Drain spaghetti; serve with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Spaghetti with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce in Country Woman December/January 2010, p37
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spaghetti with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review