- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the peppers, tomatoes, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Transfer to a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Drain spaghetti; serve with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spaghetti with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Sort By :
"I made this for my mom and me and it as delicious. Something I would make again for more people, even for company!"
"my family enjoyed this recipe! will add it to the list to make again!"
"This was good, but the 1 tbsp. of vinegar was sort of overpowering, so I added some sugar to cut the tartness. I also wanted to reduce the fat so I only added a small amount of oil, which of course probably made it too tart with the tbsp. of vinegar. I will make again but cut the vinegar. It actually tasted great the next day. I also added some red pepper flakes. I also rated this at 4 stars but it would not take it."