- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato puree
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 slice bread
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound each ground beef, pork and veal
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place bread and milk in a large bowl; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the bread crumbs, egg, salt, oregano and pepper. Crumble the ground beef, veal and pork over mixture; mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil until a thermometer reads 160°. Add to sauce. In the same skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir into sauce. Simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spaghetti with Meatballs in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p44
Reviews for Spaghetti with Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review