Spaghetti with Homemade Turkey Sausage
This speedy and hearty dish is quite tasty. You get the rich flavor by allowing the turkey and spices to blend overnight. Don't skip this step!—Shirley Goodson, West Allis, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 12 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, fennel seed, water, salt and
- pepper. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Crumble into bite-size
- pieces into a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer
- pink. Stir in spaghetti sauce and heat through. Serve with hot
- spaghetti. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 467 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 917 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.