Spaghetti with Homemade Turkey Sausage
This speedy and hearty dish is quite tasty. You get the rich flavor by allowing the turkey and spices to blend overnight. Don't skip this step!—Shirley Goodson, West Allis, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 12 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, fennel seed, water, salt and
- pepper. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Crumble into bite-size
- pieces into a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer
- pink. Stir in spaghetti sauce and heat through. Serve with hot
- spaghetti. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 467 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 917 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 22 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009
. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now