Spaghetti with Fresh Tomatoes Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 2 pounds fresh tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 12 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1-1/4 cups julienned fresh basil
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, combine the tomatoes, cheese, basil, olives, vinegar, salt and pepper. Drain spaghetti; add to tomato mixture and toss to combine.
- 2. In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook garlic in oil until tender. Pour over spaghetti mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
1-2/3 cups equals 398 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 457 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Spaghetti with Fresh Tomatoes
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.