- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 2 pounds fresh tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 12 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1-1/4 cups julienned fresh basil
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, combine the tomatoes, cheese, basil, olives, vinegar, salt and pepper. Drain spaghetti; add to tomato mixture and toss to combine.
- In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook garlic in oil until tender. Pour over spaghetti mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spaghetti with Fresh Tomatoes
"Loved this! Sauteed mushrooms and green peppers with the garlic."
"I thought this sounded good, but I didn't know it was going to be so good!! My husband called it "bruschetta spaghetti". I made it with WW pasta, which gave it a sweetness and added flavour. We'll definitely be making it again!!"
"This recipe was absoulutely delicious.My kids really liked and it was simple to make.The garlic does add jut the right touch.A.Brown,Salem,Oregon"
"I am going to try this recipe as soon as I can; it sounds absolutely delicious! Always watching my diet, this is a great way to do it!Sylvia,Naples, Fla."
"This recipe sound simply wonderful and easy. The garlic adds just the right touch. Yum,B Monroe, Sparta, MI"