Spaghetti with Four Cheeses
"Creamy and cheesy, this spaghetti dish is my mainstay whenever company's coming. The recipe, handed down from my aunt, is on the table in 30 minutes-so as cook and hostess, I don't feel hurried.” —Nella Parker, Hersey, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces fontina cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until
- smooth. Gradually stir in cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for
- 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheeses
- until melted.
- Drain spaghetti; toss with cheese sauce and parsley. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 462 calories, 27 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 577 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.