Spaghetti with Four Cheeses Recipe
"Creamy and cheesy, this spaghetti dish is my mainstay whenever company's coming. The recipe, handed down from my aunt, is on the table in 30 minutes-so as cook and hostess, I don't feel hurried.” —Nella Parker, Hersey, Michigan
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 ounces fontina cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheeses until melted.
- 2. Drain spaghetti; toss with cheese sauce and parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 462 calories, 27 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 577 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC