- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces fontina cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheeses until melted.
- Drain spaghetti; toss with cheese sauce and parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Spaghetti with Four Cheeses
Sort By :
"Super simple recipe with delicious results. A big hit at our house. We did substitute the prepackaged Sargento Six Cheese Italian Blend in the amounts called for in the recipe because our local grocery store did not carry Fontina on its own. Still turned out great."
"Made this with ham for Easter and was great. Used penne pasta instead of spaghetti and everyone loved it. Will make again!!!"