Spaghetti with Eggs and Bacon
Most folks are surprised to see this combination of ingredients. But I usually make a big batch because it always disappears in a hurry.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- Additional Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook
- bacon; drain and crumble, then set aside. Combine eggs, Parmesan
- cheese and cream in a small bowl. Drain spaghetti and return to
- cooking pan. Stir in egg mixture. Quickly toss and cook until egg
- mixture is done and coats spaghetti. Stir in bacon and serve
- immediately with additional Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 686 calories, 45 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 273 mg cholesterol, 682 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.