Spaghetti with Eggs and Bacon Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions in a 6-qt. stockpot. In a small saucepan, whisk eggs and cream until blended. Cook over low heat until a thermometer reads 160°, stirring constantly (do not allow to simmer). Remove from heat; stir in cheese.
- 2. Drain spaghetti; return to stockpot. Add sauce and bacon; toss to combine. Serve immediately. If desired, sprinkle with additional cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (calculated without additional cheese) equals 486 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 238 mg cholesterol, 611 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Spaghetti with Eggs and Bacon
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.