Spaghetti with Eggs and Bacon
Most folks are surprised to see this combination of ingredients. But I usually make a big batch because it always disappears in a hurry.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions in a 6-qt. stockpot.
- In a small saucepan, whisk eggs and cream until blended. Cook over
- low heat until a thermometer reads 160°, stirring constantly (do
- not allow to boil). Remove from heat; stir in cheese.
- Drain spaghetti; return to stockpot. Add sauce and bacon; toss to
- combine. Serve immediately. If desired, sprinkle with additional
- cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without additional cheese) equals 486 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 238 mg cholesterol, 611 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.