Spaghetti with Creamy White Clam Sauce Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) ready-to-serve reduced-fat New England clam chowder
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams, undrained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Pour sauce over spaghetti. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup spaghetti with 1/2 cup sauce equals 342 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Reviews for Spaghetti with Creamy White Clam Sauce
"Once I was out of spaghetti so I substituted spinach fettuccine--delicious! Now I make it that way every time."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.