Spaghetti with Creamy White Clam Sauce Recipe
A handful of ingredients is all you need for this must-try main dish. "I often make it when time is short," explains Linda Evancoe-Coble of Leola, Pennsylvania. "Add store-bought rolls and a bagged salad and...presto...you have a satisfying meal."
- 1 can (15 ounces) ready-to-serve reduced-fat New England clam chowder
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams, undrained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Pour sauce over spaghetti. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spaghetti with Creamy White Clam Sauce in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p6
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spaghetti with Creamy White Clam Sauce(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 13, 2008
Once I was out of spaghetti so I substituted spinach fettuccine--delicious! Now I make it that way every time.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >