- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small tomatoes, quartered
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 ounces Galbani® Mozzarella Cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the oil, tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, basil, onions, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and process until coarsely chopped.
- Drain spaghetti and place in a bowl. Add the tomato mixture, mozzarella cheese and water; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spaghetti with Checca Sauce
Sort By :
"This recipe was a little out of the norm for what I make my family but it was surprisingly good considering I hate tomatoes. I would definitely make this again, this recipe tasted very fresh and very simple. Only thing I did differently was I doubled the recipe."
"This is a nice light easy dish that I always seem to have the ingredients on hand for. I made it for my Mom for supper one night and now she makes it for my Dad all the time."