This appealing, meatless main dish from Angela Strother of Gainesville, Florida is full of cheesy, tomato flavor. “If you want it saucier, add a bit of the reserved pasta water,” Angela suggests.
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small tomatoes, quartered
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the oil, tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, basil, onions, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and process until coarsely chopped.
- Drain spaghetti and place in a bowl. Add the tomato mixture, mozzarella cheese and water; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spaghetti with Checca Sauce in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p31
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spaghetti with Checca Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review