Spaghetti with Bolognese Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream or milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, carrot, celery, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Stir in cream and parsley. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Add to sauce and toss. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
2 cups equals 513 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 992 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.