Spaghetti with Bolognese Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream or milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, carrot, celery, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Stir in cream and parsley. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Add to sauce and toss. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
2 cup: 513 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 992mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 7g fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for Spaghetti with Bolognese Sauce
"I doubled this recipe. My family loves this dish. When you are tired of having red sauces, this recipe is a great change. This is going to be our go to recipe when craving a yummy bowl of speghetti. Great way to getting rid of some lasting carrots and celery in the veggie bin. I may try using some roasted chopped up red bell peppers too."
"Very easy, tons of vegies and delicious! One of my favorite comfort foods. I doubled the recipe to make enough for the whole family."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.