Spaghetti with Bolognese Sauce
Travel to Italy with this hearty pasta that's a breeze to prepare. Our Test Kitchen jazzed up store-bought spaghetti sauce, infusing with fresh-from-the-garden flavor. You'll swear it's homemade!
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream or milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, carrot, celery, onion and garlic
- over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in spaghetti
- sauce and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Stir in cream and
- parsley. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Add
- to sauce and toss. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve immediately.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cups equals 513 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 992 mg sodium,