Spaghetti with Bacon Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook spaghetti according to package directions for al dente.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp, stirring occasionally; drain. Stir in tomatoes and tomato sauce; bring to a boil.
- 3. Drain spaghetti; transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Spread sauce over top. Bake, covered, 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 159 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 498 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.