Spaghetti with Bacon
As children, we always requested this dish for our birthday dinners. Our mother got the recipe from her grandmother. Now I pass on our tasty tradition. —Ruth Keogh, North St. Paul, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook spaghetti according to package
- directions for al dente.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon
- is crisp, stirring occasionally; drain. Stir in tomatoes and tomato
- sauce; bring to a boil.
- Drain spaghetti; transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Spread
- sauce over top. Bake, covered, 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 159 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 498 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009
. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now