As children, we always requested this dish for our birthday dinners. Our mother got the recipe from her grandmother. Now I pass on our tasty tradition. —Ruth Keogh, North St. Paul, Minnesota
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook spaghetti according to package directions for al dente.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp, stirring occasionally; drain. Stir in tomatoes and tomato sauce; bring to a boil.
- Drain spaghetti; transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Spread sauce over top. Bake, covered, 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spaghetti with Bacon in Reminisce May/June 1993, p49
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spaghetti with Bacon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review