Spaghetti Turkey Pie Recipe
This pretty spaghetti pie from Elnora Johnson from Union City, Tennessee blends well-seasoned ground turkey, cheese, veggies and tomato sauce in a crust formed from spaghetti. It's tasty comfort food your family will request again and again.
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat stick margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the turkey, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, basil, fennel seed and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to package directions; drain. In a bowl, combine the spaghetti, egg substitute, margarine, Parmesan cheese and parsley flakes. Form a crust in a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Stir 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese into the turkey mixture; spoon into spaghetti crust. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 213 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat
Reviews for Spaghetti Turkey Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC