I keep the ingredients for this quick and easy casserole on hand so I can put it together at a moment's notice. It tastes like lasagna gut with rice instead of noodles.Robin King, Klamath Falls, Oregon
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 jar (15-1/2 ounces) garden-style spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a greased
- 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15
- minutes; stir. Bake 10 minutes longer or until rice is tender.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Any variety of spaghetti sauce would work in Spaghetti-Style Rice.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 508 calories, 26 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 821 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.