I keep the ingredients for this quick and easy casserole on hand so I can put it together at a moment's notice. It tastes like lasagna gut with rice instead of noodles.—Robin King, Klamath Falls, Oregon
Recommended: Grandma's Best Suppers
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 jar (15-1/2 ounces) garden-style spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes; stir. Bake 10 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spaghetti-Style Rice in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p200
Reviews for Spaghetti-Style Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review