- 1 medium spaghetti squash (2-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red or green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh dill or 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; add 1/2 in. of hot water. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes. Drain water from pan; turn squash cut side up. Bake 5 minutes longer or until squash is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, bring water to a boil over medium heat; add pepper and onions. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, parsley, dill, basil and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until tender.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, scoop out pulp, separating strands with a fork; place in a large bowl. Add tomato mixture and toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Spaghetti Squash with Tomatoes
Sort By :
Overall I thought this was really good. While being on a diet it is nice to have good food. I added a bit more heat with some Red Pepper Flakes and added black beans for some extra protein which paired well with this dish, I also added some kale for extra nutrients. Easy dish to make your own with substitutions.