- 1 medium spaghetti squash (2 pounds)
- 1/2 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 4 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in a microwave-safe dish or plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Cool.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the peppers, mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add tomatoes and garlic; saute 4-5 minutes longer. Add the broth and salt; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Place squash on a serving platter or individual plates; top with the pepper mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Spaghetti Squash with Sweet Peppers
Sort By :
"Hubby and I really like this. I didnt have any green bellpeppers, mushrooms or tomatoes and really wanted to try it. I substituted canned diced tomatoes (with onion and garlic) and it was very good. Next time I make it I hope to have some mushrooms on hand. This one is a keeper."
"This was my first adventure with spaghetti squash. Quite tasty! The whole recipe just seemed rather time consuming...that's why I gave it 4 stars. A fun thing to do when you want to try something different.~ Theresa"
"This was very tasty. I loved the flavors the sauted vegetables added to the spaghetti squash. I used it as side dish. I left out the salt and used salt-free chicken broth. I will definitely make this again."
"Excellent! Never tried spaghetti squash before - it was easy to cook. But watch out while separating strands, heat is trapped inside and it gets quite hot. This was such a fresh main dish, we dont usually eat meatless but it was so flavorful that it didn't matter. I did sprinkle on some pepper and abit more parmesan."