- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 4 pounds)
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash, cut side down, on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 14-16 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the tomatoes, mushrooms, green pepper, carrot, onion, Italian seasoning and pepper in oil for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomato sauce; heat through.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Place squash on a serving platter; top with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Spaghetti Squash with Red Sauce
"I thought this was okay but not great. I think I would like the sauce better over actual spaghetti; and I know I like spaghetti squash better with just butter, salt and pepper."
"We've had this recipe a lot. Our whole family likes it. I serve it alongside some chicken and it's great."
"not a fan - missing something - tasted blah"
"Myself and my older really like this dish. The three year old is still a little picky. Sometimes he eats it sometimes not."