- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 4 pounds)
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash, cut side down, on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 14-16 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the tomatoes, mushrooms, green pepper, carrot, onion, Italian seasoning and pepper in oil for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomato sauce; heat through.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Place squash on a serving platter; top with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Spaghetti Squash with Red Sauce
Sort By :
I thought this was okay but not great. I think I would like the sauce better over actual spaghetti; and I know I like spaghetti squash better with just butter, salt and pepper.
We've had this recipe a lot. Our whole family likes it. I serve it alongside some chicken and it's great.
not a fan - missing something - tasted blah
Myself and my older really like this dish. The three year old is still a little picky. Sometimes he eats it sometimes not.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Side Dishes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Side Dishes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Spaghetti Squash Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >