Spaghetti Squash with Moroccan Spices Recipe
Here’s an easy recipe that’s best prepared in the microwave versus a conventional oven. A colorful blend of spices livens up the delicate strands of squash.—Lillian Julow, Gainesville, FL
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (4 pounds)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-18 minutes or until tender.
- 2. In a small skillet, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in the cumin, salt, cinnamon and pepper sauce. When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Toss with butter mixture and cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 104 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC