Spaghetti Squash with Moroccan Spices Recipe
Here’s an easy recipe that’s best prepared in the microwave versus a conventional oven. A colorful blend of spices livens up the delicate strands of squash.—Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (4 pounds)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-18 minutes or until tender.
- 2. In a small skillet, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in the cumin, salt, cinnamon and pepper sauce. When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Toss with butter mixture and cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 104 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for Spaghetti Squash with Moroccan Spices
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC