Here’s an easy recipe that’s best prepared in the microwave versus a conventional oven. A colorful blend of spices livens up the delicate strands of squash.—Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (4 pounds)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-18 minutes or until tender.
- In a small skillet, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in the cumin, salt, cinnamon and pepper sauce. When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Toss with butter mixture and cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spaghetti Squash with Moroccan Spices in Country Woman October/November 2009, p36
Reviews for Spaghetti Squash with Moroccan Spices
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2010
"Delicious! Light, healthy, and tasty."