- 1 large spaghetti squash (3-1/2 pounds)
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place one squash half on a microwave-safe plate, cut side down. Cover and microwave on high for 8 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork, turning once. Repeat with second squash half. When cool enough to handle, scoop out squash, separating strands with a fork; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving drippings. Add the butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper to the drippings. Stir in squash and bacon; heat through. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese just until blended. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Spaghetti Squash Supreme
Sort By :
I thought it needed more seasoning but it was good! My husband & I love trying new spaghetti squash recipes. I will experiment a little more more with the seasonings next time.
It is hard to cut in half but it is worth the struggle. I did omit the brown sugar ( I'm Diabetic) and I used an Italian Blend shredded cheese. Then took some bread crumbs and melted butter and topped it and brown in oven for 2-3 minutes and what a fanstastic receipe, I will use this often for my self and company. Thankyou.
This is a good alternative side dish. I find that the squash was too hard to slice in half so I poked some holes in it so it wouldn't burst in the oven, baked in shallow baking dish @375° for an hour, let it cool and then did all the prep work. Much easier than wrestling with the hard surface and taking a chance on cutting myself with an always sharpest knife. Good recipe though. Thank you.
Just not a recipe I preferred. A little to bland. I am going to find another.
i substituted cheddar for swiss and also added parmesian cheese as i didn't find the cheddar to be enough. I also omitted the brown sugar as i didn't care for the sweetness the first time i made it. there are tons of things you can do with this recipe, its fast and so easy.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Spaghetti Squash Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >