- 1 medium spaghetti squash (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Halve squash lengthwise and discard seeds. Place, cut side down, in a microwave-safe dish. Add the water; cover and microwave on high for 12-15 minutes or until squash is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in a large skillet until no longer pink; drain. Add the onion, green pepper, zucchini and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally; drain. Add the beans, tomatoes, Italian seasoning and salt. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands; place in a serving dish. Top with sausage mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spaghetti Squash Supper
Sort By :
Delicious, fast & easy!!! Loved it!
Delicious and easy! My son has never been fond of spaghetti squash, but he raved abot this dish! Definitely a keeper!
My family loved this! I didn't have the zuchini so used stir fry vegetables and it turned out great. This will become a frequently used recipe!
My children wouldn't even touch this, but my husband & I enjoyed it. It is plain and simple but good, and a good way to get lots of squash into you!
I made this tonight to use up a spaghetti squash. It was good! The spaghetti squash was interesting and healthier than pasta. I wasn't sure which sausage I was supposed to use -- and was afraid of accidentally ending up with breakfast sausage -- so I got the Johnsonville mild Italian ground sausage that comes in the tray, not the tube. Also added a chopped tomato, since I had some to use up. And left out the added salt; didn't miss it.