I've tried other spaghetti squash recipes, but I like this one since it's so crisp, colorful and fun. Plus, it can be a side dish or a relish.—Patricia Aurand, Findlay, Ohio
- 1 spaghetti squash (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; scoop out seeds. Place squash, cut side down, in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Fill pan with hot water to a depth of 1/2 in. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until tender. When cool enough to handle, scoop out the squash, separating strands with a fork. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl; add the squash and stir well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon as a salad or as a relish with burgers and hot dogs. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spaghetti Squash Salad in Taste of Home October/November 1998, p45
Reviews for Spaghetti Squash Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review