Spaghetti Squash Primavera Recipe
Sunny-colored squash shells make attractive bowls for this satisfying meatless main dish, perfect for a summer supper. The recipe showcases a bountiful medley of vegetables. —CoraLee Collis, Ankeny, Iowa
- 1 large spaghetti squash (3-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup sliced carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow summer squash
- 1 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cut spaghetti squash in half; discard seeds. Place cut side up on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, covered, on high for 9 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the carrot, onion, peppers in oil for 3 minutes. Add yellow squash and zucchini; saute 2-3 minutes longer or until squash is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Reduce heat; add the tomatoes, corn, salt, oregano and thyme. Cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Separate spaghetti squash strands with a fork. Spoon vegetable mixture into squash; sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Spaghetti Squash Primavera
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC