"We raise spaghetti squash in our garden, and I enjoy coming up with different ways to use it," writes Wanda Ivan of Salina, Kansas. "We like the colorful mix of tomatoes, carrot, broccoli and snow peas in this microwave dish."
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 ounces fresh or frozen snow peas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in a microwave-safe dish or plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Cool.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, oil and garlic in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until tomatoes are softened, stirring once. Stir in the basil, salt and pepper.
- Place broccoli, carrot and water in another microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes. Add peas; cover and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain. Add to tomato mixture.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands; toss with tomato mixture. Serve with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Spaghetti Squash Medley in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p18
Reviews for Spaghetti Squash Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review