Spaghetti Squash Medley Recipe
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 ounces fresh or frozen snow peas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in a microwave-safe dish or plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Cool.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, oil and garlic in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until tomatoes are softened, stirring once. Stir in the basil, salt and pepper.
- Place broccoli, carrot and water in another microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes. Add peas; cover and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain. Add to tomato mixture.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands; toss with tomato mixture. Serve with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Spaghetti Squash Medley in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p18
Reviews for Spaghetti Squash Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2009
This recipe is absolutely delicious! This is a great way to present spaghetti squash along with other fresh garden veggies. I encourage everybody to try this recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >