Spaghetti Squash Casserole Recipe
- 1 small spaghetti squash (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; scoop out seeds. Place with cut side down in a baking dish; add water. Cover and bake at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until it is easily pierced with a fork. When cool enough to handle, scoop out squash, separating the strands with a fork. In a skillet, cook beef, onion, red pepper and garlic until meat is browned and the vegetables are tender. Drain; add tomatoes, oregano, salt, pepper and squash. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Transfer to an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheese and parsley; let stand a few minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Spaghetti Squash Casserole(13)
Sort By :
Very good recipe! I can't eat cheese so left it off and it was still wonderful!
This recipe is a great starting point. I have made it 6 times now and I do it different each time. Last time I used Italian sausage and double the meat, I use jar spaghetti sauce and last of all I put the cheese on before it goes in the oven. It comes out kinda like a lasagna. My kids even eat it.
I used 2 cups of diced tomatoes and added some Italian seasoning as someone suggested for more flavour. Very easy recipe....very quick, for a healthy family meal. Will definitely make this casserole again!
This is excellent! The first time I made it was with home grown squash that was bigger in size than called for so I doubled the meat sauce which worked great. That first time, I found that I was out of tomatoes, so I used home canned tomato products. I have used a chili base, pasta sauce, and salsa. Any of them worked great. I will continue to make it this way.
This is a big hit with my family! My kids love it, although they want to know why the "noodles" are crunch!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Spaghetti >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Spaghetti Squash Recipes >