Spaghetti Squash Casserole Recipe
- 1 small spaghetti squash (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; scoop out seeds. Place with cut side down in a baking dish; add water. Cover and bake at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until it is easily pierced with a fork. When cool enough to handle, scoop out squash, separating the strands with a fork. In a skillet, cook beef, onion, red pepper and garlic until meat is browned and the vegetables are tender. Drain; add tomatoes, oregano, salt, pepper and squash. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Transfer to an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheese and parsley; let stand a few minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Spaghetti Squash Casserole(11)
Sort By :
I used 2 cups of diced tomatoes and added some Italian seasoning as someone suggested for more flavour. Very easy recipe....very quick, for a healthy family meal. Will definitely make this casserole again!
This is excellent! The first time I made it was with home grown squash that was bigger in size than called for so I doubled the meat sauce which worked great. That first time, I found that I was out of tomatoes, so I used home canned tomato products. I have used a chili base, pasta sauce, and salsa. Any of them worked great. I will continue to make it this way.
This is a big hit with my family! My kids love it, although they want to know why the "noodles" are crunch!
Love this! Have won over hubby and company alike who generally dislike squash. Definitely a keeper
This recipe was amazing! I honestly was not sure what to expect; my first time cooking with spaghetti squash. I will definitely make this again! I used ground turkey instead of beef and added a little bit of mixed Italian seasonings in addition to plain oregano. Delicious!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Spaghetti >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Spaghetti Squash Recipes >