- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 8 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Slice the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Place squash, cut side down, in a baking dish. Add 1/2-in. water and cover tightly with foil. Bake at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet. Add the mushrooms, onion, garlic, basil, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper; saute until onion is tender. Add tomatoes; cook until most of the liquid has evaporated. Set aside.
- Scoop out the squash, separating strands with a fork. Combine the squash, tomato mixture, bread crumbs, ricotta cheese and parsley.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40 minutes or until heated through and top is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Spaghetti Squash Casserole Bake
Sort By :
"very good, but I think I will try to spice it up next time. a little bland for us. I added meatballs to make it a one dish meal"
"Really time consuming!"
"It was great! I added in some chicken breast but left the rest the same... will definitely make again!"
"Delicious! VERY easy to make. The sketti squash took a bit longer than 20-30 minutes. I infact bumped up the temp to about 425 degrees for approx 50-60mins. I used a can of diced tomatoes because I did not have any tomatoes in the fridge. This worked out great! Make sure you drain the tomatoes before adding them. I omitted the mushrooms for the first time because friends/family don't like mushrooms. It was fine without them however don't omit them if you don't have to. Next time I may add green and/or red peppers (diced finely) and some spinach. This is my first time cooking with sketti squash and I will add this to my recipe book."
"Wow. Loved this recipe, such a nice change from other casseroles. I used cottage cheese/sour cream cuz couldn't find ricotta. I froze it before baking, then thawed it and baked as directed and it came out fine! Next time I would add a bit more salt."