I first created my son’s favorite dish using homegrown squash, kielbasa and salsa. This variation uses only four ingredients. —Pam Copeland, Taylorsville, Utah
Featured In: 54 Amazing Ways to Love Winter Veggies
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked sausage, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut squash lengthwise in half; discard seeds. Place halves on a microwave-safe plate, cut side down. Microwave, uncovered, on high 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add sausage; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Add squash, pico de gallo, salt and pepper to sausage; heat through, tossing to combine. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spaghetti Squash & Sausage Easy Meal in Simple & Delicious February/March 2016
Reviews for Spaghetti Squash & Sausage Easy Meal
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2016
"Flavor excellent and it is easy to cook the squash in the microwave."