- 1-1/3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 pounds Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 jar (26 ounces) pasta sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced carrots, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian flat beans, drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Grated Parmesan or shredded mozzarella cheese, optional
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a 6-qt. stockpot, cook sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain.
- Add broth, pasta sauce, carrots, beans, water, Italian seasoning and basil; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Drain macaroni; stir into soup. If desired, sprinkle servings with cheese. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Spaghetti Soup in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p99
Reviews for Spaghetti Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 16, 2012
"Excellent consistency and flavor, served with garlic bread and salad to make a perfect dinner for a cold night."