- 2 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 3-3/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced carrots, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian flat beans, drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3-1/2 cups cooked macaroni
- Grated Parmesan or shredded mozzarella cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat, brown the sausage, onion and garlic; drain. Add broth, spaghetti sauce, carrots, beans, water, Italian seasoning and basil; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Just before serving, add the macaroni and heat through. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Spaghetti Soup in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p99
Reviews for Spaghetti Soup(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 16, 2012
Excellent consistency and flavor, served with garlic bread and salad to make a perfect dinner for a cold night.