- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 14-16 minutes or until spaghetti is tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Spaghetti Skillet
Sort By :
This is one of the first recipes I tried from a subscription given by my Grandma ... quite a few years ago. It was my first experience with sausage in casings - do I take the meat out, or just mash it as it cooks?? Either way, it turned out great. I'm so so very happy I've found this recipe again!
I used all ground beef and canned diced tomatoes. I did not add mushrooms. This came out very moist -- almost soupy -- but was delicious.