- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a Dutch oven, brown ground beef over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. Add the green pepper, celery, onion and carrots; cook
- and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in
- remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer,
- uncovered, for about 3 to 4 hours to allow flavors to blend,
- stirring occasionally. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 191 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 1,028 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 14 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011
, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now