Spaghetti Sauce Mix Recipe
In Alverton, Pennsylvania, Betty Claycomb keeps this blend of seasonings on hand so she can stir up speedy spaghetti sauce. "It's a snap to add browned ground beef, tomato paste and water to create a mild, pleasantly flavored sauce," she says.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 5 min. YIELD:48 servings
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 3 tablespoons dried celery flakes
- 1/4 cup dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1. Combine the first eight ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 4 batches (1 cup total).
- 2. To prepare spaghetti sauce: In a skillet, brown beef; drain. Stir in 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce mix, water and tomato paste. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Yield: about 3 cups sauce per batch.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC