- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 3 tablespoons dried celery flakes
- 1/4 cup dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- Combine the first eight ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 4 batches (1 cup total).
- To prepare spaghetti sauce: In a skillet, brown beef; drain. Stir in 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce mix, water and tomato paste. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Yield: about 3 cups sauce per batch.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spaghetti Sauce Mix
Sort By :
"I left out the salt and used Splenda instead of sugar and it turned out great!!"
"I didn't make this, but here is what MasterCook has for nutrition info (including additional ingredients - for 48 servings):Per Serving: 39 Calories; 3g Fat (60.8% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 8mg Cholesterol; 207mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates."
"My husband and 25 yr old son liked this recipe. I had to use celery salt in place of the celery flakes. omitted the salt. I added a small amount of regular Prego sauce also for added flavor. tasty"
"Unable to locate Celery flakes tried 1 tsp Celery salt (omitting other salt) but it was still too salty, I know the pkg brand also uses Tomato pwd."
"I would love to make this recipe, but I really need the carb. count, as my husband is diabetic. Please!!"