Spaghetti Sauce Mix Recipe
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 3 tablespoons dried celery flakes
- 1/4 cup dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- Combine the first eight ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 4 batches (1 cup total).
- To prepare spaghetti sauce: In a skillet, brown beef; drain. Stir in 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce mix, water and tomato paste. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Yield: about 3 cups sauce per batch.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spaghetti Sauce Mix
Sort By :
I left out the salt and used Splenda instead of sugar and it turned out great!!
I didn't make this, but here is what MasterCook has for nutrition info (including additional ingredients - for 48 servings):
Per Serving: 39 Calories; 3g Fat (60.8% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 8mg Cholesterol; 207mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
My husband and 25 yr old son liked this recipe. I had to use celery salt in place of the celery flakes. omitted the salt. I added a small amount of regular Prego sauce also for added flavor. tasty
Unable to locate Celery flakes tried 1 tsp Celery salt (omitting other salt) but it was still too salty, I know the pkg brand also uses Tomato pwd.
I would love to make this recipe, but I really need the carb. count, as my husband is diabetic. Please!!