"I first tried this great-tasting dish at an office Christmas party. It quickly became everyone’s favorite. It makes a wonderful alternative to ordinary spaghetti." —Kim Neer, Kalamazoo, Michigan
- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. In a large bowl, toss spaghetti with egg substitute and Parmesan cheese. Spread evenly into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasonings; heat through.
- Spoon over spaghetti. Top with mushrooms and mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Spaghetti Pizza Casserole in Light & Tasty April/May 2007, p15
Reviews for Spaghetti Pizza Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review