Spaghetti Pizza Bake Recipe
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (7 ounces) thin spaghetti, broken into thirds
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 jar (28 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 28 pepperoni slices
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. stir in salt and pepper; set aside. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain.
- 2. In a bowl, combine eggs and milk; stir in spaghetti. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with spaghetti sauce, beef mixture, pepperoni, mushrooms and olives; sprinkle with cheese (dish will be full). Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 345 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 732 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.