- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (7 ounces) thin spaghetti, broken into thirds
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 jar (28 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 28 pepperoni slices
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. stir in salt and pepper; set aside. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain.
- In a bowl, combine eggs and milk; stir in spaghetti. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with spaghetti sauce, beef mixture, pepperoni, mushrooms and olives; sprinkle with cheese (dish will be full). Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Spaghetti Pizza Bake in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p173
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spaghetti Pizza Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2014
"It sure sounds good, i'm going to give it a good try. Some ingredients my family won't like, and will substitute Italian sausage for half the hamburger?.."