- 1 package (8 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces each) shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and sour cream until blended; stir in green onions. In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, layer the spaghetti, cream cheese mixture and meat mixture. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Spaghetti Pie Casserole
Sort By :
This was very tasty. I added a can of chopped tomatoes to the mix and a little fresh basil and some mozzarella cheese. We really enjoyed it.
This recipe is kid friendly. It also would make a great Pot Luck and its perfect for left over spaghetti. I did tweak it and used some items that I had on hand. I only made 1/2 a recipe. It worked just fine. I did not use all of the extra cheese on top. I seasoned the cooked spaghetti with some parm cheese and I used sausage. I gave it a 4 star rating simply because I did tweak it quite a bit. I too added some additional spices. Its not only easy its very tasty. Little mess and it goes a long way.
great taste added a few more seasonings to kick it up a notch.
I'm giving this 5 stars because both of my kids ate it without complaining! It was really delicious and we all really liked it!
made this for the first time, and it is fabulous and filling. Wonderful comfort food for winter weather. Definitley making this again. I could not find Monterey Jack so I substituted Havarti cheese.