- 1 package (8 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces each) shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and sour cream until blended; stir in green onions. In a greased 11x7-in. baking dish, layer the spaghetti, cream cheese mixture and meat mixture. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Spaghetti Pie Casserole
Sort By :
"Very good alternative to just regular spaghetti. I used a whole 24 oz jar of sauce, and glad I did because I think it had just the right amount. I didn't have any green onions, so I just added some dried minced onion instead. Lastly, I decided to add the cheese at the end when I uncovered it. Figured it would have just stuck to the foil anyway."
"I made this exactly as directed and everybody loved it. I'm dieting, and using the nutrition facts, this was doable at 10 points with a generous portion. It's a keeper."
"Was a little rich for me and my husband because of the cream cheese and cheese topping. Very filling though. My picky teenage girls devoured it, so it's an A in my book for a family meal."
"This was good. The whole family enjoyed it. My picky eater kids ate it up. It took a little more time than I wanted on a weeknight but it was worth it."
"Very good. Was a little too dry for me, so the second time I made it, I threw in some left over salsa I had. That gave it the little bit extra I was looking for- perfect."