Spaghetti Pasta Salad
My family loves this salad as either a main meal or a side dish. We especially enjoy making it during the hot summer months, using fresh ingredients right out of our garden. It looks terrific with all the different colors!
15-20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup diced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced, optional
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- In a large saucepan, cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in a large salad bowl, add the cheese, pepperoni, ham,
- green pepper, tomato, onion, cucumber and olives. Add avocado if
- Rinse pasta with cold water; drain well. Place on top of salad
- ingredients. Drizzle with salad dressing: toss lightly to coat.
- Chill until serving. Yield: 15-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 147 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 342 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.