"This hearty meal is my mother's creation and ranks among my kids' favorites," relates Linda Sawin of Sterling, Massachusetts. "I often cook the sauce over the weekend and freeze it, then warm it in a jiffy after a busy day."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the soup, tomato sauce, onion, parsley, salt and oregano;
- heat through. Drain macaroni; top with the beef mixture and sprinkle
- with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 330 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 1,118 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping.